I am a contemporary landscape painter, working primarily in pastels. Pastels are my medium of choice because of their vibrant colors plus the ability to layer colors for interesting and unique effects. I also very much enjoy the control pastels afford while painting and the application (at times) of drawing and draftsmanship skills while working with pastels.
I received an undergraduate degree in Fine Arts from St. Lawrence University in Canton, NY in 1999, and (much) later studied design application and history at the New York School of Interior Design in Manhattan, NY. I also attended a short but intensive facilitated studio practice at the Anderson Ranch Arts Center in Snowmass, CO in the Winter of 2022 which provided an instrumental foundation for the artwork I am creating today. I live between Nantucket Island, MA and Snowmass, CO, with stops in between for visits to family and friends.
When observing my surroundings outdoors I often find myself so awestruck
by beautiful light and color that the simple act of viewing provides pure joy. I am inspired by the enticing and exciting experience of discovery, in contrast with the constantly changing quality of nature. For as long as I can remember I have wanted to stay outside and look at the general conditions ‘just a little longer’. My paintings signify an insatiable love of observing the world and quest for natural beauty and discovery.
- Old Spouter Gallery, 118 Orange Street, Nantucket MA
- Nantucket Looms, 51 Main Street, Nantucket MA
- Nantucket Artists Association Cecelia Joyce and Seward Johnson Gallery, 19 Washington Street, Nantucket MA
- Nantucket Artists Association Tomas Macy Warehouse Gallery (12 Straight Wharf, Nantucket MA)
- Nantucket Artists’ Association Promising New Artist of the Year, Winner for the 2022 Artist Patron Awards.
- Awarded via nomination by a director level staff or board member followed by vote among staff, board, other artists and patrons.
- People’s Choice Award, October 2022, Nantucket Artists’ Association Gallery at 19 Washington Street, Nantucket MA.
- Tie for Overall Winner in exhibition featuring over 60 works